First of all, thank you for your many words of encouragement! I'm a big words of affirmation girl and your kindness really puts things in perspective and helps me to persevere.
But, also, I want to share that nothing good in that post came from my own natural desires. God is refining us. God is carrying us. And tho God is allowing trials, He's bringing us safely through them.
The first verse on my mind after the fire was Isaiah 43:2 "When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and through the rivers, they shall not overwhelm you; when you walk through fire you shall not be burned, and the flame shall not consume you." In a semi-joking way, I told Jason that if the smoke stain didn't come off the wall we would put that verse there to remind us! (The smoke stain came right off, btw).
But today, as I was scrolling through Facebook, I came across this status and was blown away by the reminder: "Through the Lord ’s mercies we are not consumed, Because His compassions fail not. They are new every morning; Great is Your faithfulness." (Lamentations 3:22, 23 NKJV)
It is ONLY BY HIS GRACE that any of us are not consumed. We absolutely cannot take credit for a good attitude, making it through a tough day, or doing anything good at all. Afterall, like the song says, "the only thing that's good in me is Jesus!"
I'm thankful for His grace. Without it. I. Would. Be. Nothing.
No comments:
Post a Comment