I've daydreamed even in recent years of having twins and if you know me very well, you know I'm not kidding when I say I've wanted them my whole life.
So, when we walked into that ultrasound, looking back, I'm surprised that the thought wasn't on either of our minds. In that moment, we were just excited about seeing the baby and letting the girls get their first glimpse.
But it all happened so fast!!!! The lady scanned across my belly. I saw two black circles flash across the screen while she simultaneously says, "Was this a normal concep..." And I started screaming, "GO BACK!!!!!! GO BACK!!!!! I SAW IT!!! THERE'S TWO!!!!!!! ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!? ARE THERE TWO?!? THERE'S TWO! I SAW THEM!!!!!!! I HAVE WANTED THIS MY WHOLE LIFE!!!!!!!!!"
I'm surprised the lady didn't have me hospitalized for my extreme outburst. ;) She was patient and only had to tell me to sit still a handful of times. ;) I began to cry and she blamed it on the level of emotions but, do you know why I was crying?
Because WHO AM I?!?!? That God would smile down on me in such a way! And give me not only the desires of my heart but in such a beautiful and perfect way!!! I just kept asking Jason, "Does this really happen in real life?!?!? Is this for real?"
The girls were excited, but I'm not gonna lie. My excitement somewhat outshines everyone else's. ;) After all, I've been dreaming of this moment the longest.
They did, however, shout out "NOW WE EACH GET ONE!!!!" Talk about spoiled! ;)
Jason was all smiles. Because he's awesome like that. And he knows how bad I've always wanted this. And, he's just cool, and in his own words, "I'm up for anything!"
We got to see two sweet little hearts beating and then walk out on a cloud!!!
OH MY WORD WE ARE HAVING TWINS!!!
Sharing the news has been more than fun!!! I mean, really, how often do you get a call to say someone is having twins, let alone someone who has wanted them forever. So, the repeated "oh my gosh oh my gosh" or the "get out of town" and the beloved "I actually prayed for this!!" Or the "I already had to shut my office door. My boss thinks I'm crazy!" Or your dad looking back and forth between the screen and your mom and saying "She's kidding us! She's kidding!" And being reminded ever so sweetly of how a lady whom I love very much, my own grandmother, always said that the happiest day of her life was the day she gave birth to her twins! And, now, I get to experience that same amazing blessing!!!
No kidding, folks, I daydreamed of how I would one day share the news if ever I were so blessed. And, I must say, words fail me. But all I know is that long ago, I asked for twins. And God chose instead to bless me with the most amazing little girls in the world. But, now, He has outdone Himself once again by pouring blessing on top of blessing!!!!!!
And, so, in true Coke fashion, it's always an adventure!!!!!
PS. Let me be quoted in saying that I know this is not going to be easy but I'm up for the challenge. Remind me of that in those difficult moments. ;)

No comments:
Post a Comment