So, this weekend that concept has been on my mind. If it weren't for the new dress, the Easter bunny, the Easter basket and the egg hunts, the special meal, and, should I dare say, even the extravagant worship service, would we wake up as excited to celebrate simply Jesus this Easter? Or would it be just another day?
I asked the girls why they were excited about Easter. Kamden said it was because Jesus died on the cross. Kiley said she wasn't really sure, she just loves how excited everyone is. But, what about you? What about me? What gets us excited about Easter? The extra time with family? The pretty dresses everyone will be wearing? The smile on our kids' faces when they see a load of toys and candy? Or is it Jesus? And if it's Jesus, why shouldn't we be so excited year round! I don't know and I have a lot of baggage and a lot of ideas about a 'good Easter' myself, but, man, there's nothing like worshipping with a bunch of people who have nothing else to look forward to that day besides, well, JESUS!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment