The many emotions tied to my heart and mind right now are downright paralyzing at times. One of the many is feeling like my time with the girls has changed overnite with this new status of bedrest. Don't get me wrong: I am THANKFUL they are learning our family is a team. We work together. When one person is down the others jump in to pick up the slack. And they are joyful little helpers! And, truthfully, in my heart of hearts, I know they are all the better for walking through this time with us.
But, a mommy's worries are just that: worries. And may I add, wrong. And I know that.
So, why He chooses to show me glimpses of what He's doing in their hearts in spite of me, I will never understand!
Tonight, Kamden walked into my room and said with a huge smile, "I have good news!" "What is it?" I asked. "I know Jesus loves me in Hindi!" Now, how could I resist hearing her version even if it was after bedtime? And if you know the very windy road we've traveled with her and her relationship with this country, every moment she embraces the culture is worth celebrating!
So, she sang. And I asked her where she learned it. She didn't. She wrote it herself. Translating English songs into Hindi and then declaring that we should teach it to the village kids. I'll take that as good news anytime! Sweet sweet Kamden. God has BIG plans for your life! I could just squeeze her!
Disclaimer: if you know Hindi, her grammar is a little off, but, the Truth remains the same!
But, a mommy's worries are just that: worries. And may I add, wrong. And I know that.
So, why He chooses to show me glimpses of what He's doing in their hearts in spite of me, I will never understand!
Tonight, Kamden walked into my room and said with a huge smile, "I have good news!" "What is it?" I asked. "I know Jesus loves me in Hindi!" Now, how could I resist hearing her version even if it was after bedtime? And if you know the very windy road we've traveled with her and her relationship with this country, every moment she embraces the culture is worth celebrating!
So, she sang. And I asked her where she learned it. She didn't. She wrote it herself. Translating English songs into Hindi and then declaring that we should teach it to the village kids. I'll take that as good news anytime! Sweet sweet Kamden. God has BIG plans for your life! I could just squeeze her!
Disclaimer: if you know Hindi, her grammar is a little off, but, the Truth remains the same!
No comments:
Post a Comment