Just a quick update on thing one and thing two. I am 29 weeks 5 days. I went to the doc today out of precaution. Something told me I needed to check on the amniotic fluid and I figured (with a few friends' help) better safe than sorry.
Amniotic flood is golden. No worries. But she went ahead and gave me a dose of the steroid injection to develop babies' lungs now should I go into preterm labor. (Babies are measuring about a week to a week and a half bigger, as it is, according to ultrasound.)
But she also broke the news to me that, at this point, should nothing change, I will require a c-section because one placenta is blocking the cervix and therefore would be delivered first and I would bleed excessively resulting in very grave consequences.
Here's the deal. I'm at peace with that. I've been prayng from the get go that IF a c-section were necessary that it would become obvious early on and NOT in the middle of labor where we are left to make decisions or trust a doctor on very little brain power.
I would LOVE to deliver these twins naturally, meds free, like both my girls, but I went into this knowing and preparing for something different to happen. Don't get me wrong: I am not excited about this alternative. But trusting. And thankful that the word is out there now rather than later.
I'm surprisingly (right now) content with leaving this in God's hands. Should he decide to allow that placenta to move up and try for normal, so be it. But if not, more power to Him (LOL- like I have the authority to say so). ;)
So there ya have it. One thing you CAN be praying for is that these babies hold off! We are indeed still in need of some preparation. Some things (and hopefully people!) To arrive from the States. And we also want them to bake a little longer to avoid any pre term issues that we can.
There ya have it. The4cokes may become a 6 pack before we know it! And with that, off to dream about making that dream a reality. Holding two precious, beautiful dreams come true in my arms!
Amniotic flood is golden. No worries. But she went ahead and gave me a dose of the steroid injection to develop babies' lungs now should I go into preterm labor. (Babies are measuring about a week to a week and a half bigger, as it is, according to ultrasound.)
But she also broke the news to me that, at this point, should nothing change, I will require a c-section because one placenta is blocking the cervix and therefore would be delivered first and I would bleed excessively resulting in very grave consequences.
Here's the deal. I'm at peace with that. I've been prayng from the get go that IF a c-section were necessary that it would become obvious early on and NOT in the middle of labor where we are left to make decisions or trust a doctor on very little brain power.
I would LOVE to deliver these twins naturally, meds free, like both my girls, but I went into this knowing and preparing for something different to happen. Don't get me wrong: I am not excited about this alternative. But trusting. And thankful that the word is out there now rather than later.
I'm surprisingly (right now) content with leaving this in God's hands. Should he decide to allow that placenta to move up and try for normal, so be it. But if not, more power to Him (LOL- like I have the authority to say so). ;)
So there ya have it. One thing you CAN be praying for is that these babies hold off! We are indeed still in need of some preparation. Some things (and hopefully people!) To arrive from the States. And we also want them to bake a little longer to avoid any pre term issues that we can.
There ya have it. The4cokes may become a 6 pack before we know it! And with that, off to dream about making that dream a reality. Holding two precious, beautiful dreams come true in my arms!
-The 4 Cokes
No comments:
Post a Comment