October 3, 2014
So, for my most recent memorable moments:
Kiley, you are growing in your faith in such an exciting way. By being perfect? No. Quite the contrary. By recognizing your sin and feeling remorse for it. I'm proud of you that you recently have acknowledged times you've been just plain hateful/jealous of your little sister, and, in tears, apologized to her. I'm so excited to watch God work in your heart. And, the sweet, sensitive, servant's heart you've exhibited especially since mommy's bedrest has made my heart swell with pride. Your tea, by the way, knocks mine out of the park!
I have to write this down because one day you'll want to remember this if only to prove me wrong. ;) We just can't forget the cake episode. You came home almost in hysterics because daddy did eenie, meenie, miney, mo for which cake we would use for the baby shower, and... Kamden's choice won! I told you that you wouldn't remember in a hundred years, but you're welcome... Because of this blog, you just might.
Kamden,
You are growing up with a worldview so different from the one your mommy and daddy knew as a child.
Tonight, you walked the streets and Came home upset about the idol worshipping that was going on so loudly around us. But your understanding of it was so mature: "mommy. We couldn't just stay and watch them bc then they might think we're saying Good job! And we couldn't get mad at them for it because they don't know!"
And, Kamden, your even knowing what an idol is reveals your world view. We were reading in a book and the author wrote "my boyhood idol" and you stopped me and said "idol?!!?" Because that, to you, simply means a statue that people who don't know Jesus worship. Sadly, you'll soon learn, many things are idols even in the 'Christian' world. But, you know what, it makes sense that actually only people ignorant of the cross should have idols. Those of us who are exposed, know the truth, and heaven forbid, even call ourselves Christians, should not have room for idols in our hearts. But, alas, we do. And how then do we reach the millions who have never even heard the name of Jesus when the ones who are so-called worshipping Him are in all actuality worshipping themselves?!!
I don't know God's plans for your all's lives. More and more I'm convinced that this life you're living is doing you far more good than harm. That the challenges you face on a daily basis are preparing you to be more dependent on your Savior, more reliant on His grace.
What I do know is that my only desire for you is to love God, love people, and teach people to love God. Whatever that looks like in your life's context, let it be.
I'm excited about our future together. And how this next adventure is going to grow you and change you in a million tiny ways. I'm thankful God's plans are so much higher than our plans, because quite honestly, I certainly couldn't have done it better myself. ;)


No comments:
Post a Comment