On this, my second day of bed rest, I have for all of you a funny story. Since, well, I have nothing else to do! You'd think bed rest would be a time to catch up on all the sleep you've missed out on up to this point in pregnancy, but, no, it doesn't exactly work out like that!
First, a few pros and cons to bed rest from my point of view:
Pros: SWELLING DISAPPEARS!!!!!!! I saw the joints in my feet for the first time in about 20 weeks yesterday! It was an unbelievable sight! The girls were amazed! I must say I felt like dancing! But, alas, I'm not allowed!
Cons:
-Heartburn at its worst. Duh... lying down, eating food, doesn't mix when there's not much room left in there.
-The image that the word 'bed rest' portrays is far from what it really entails. I vividly remember taking care of an elderly lady my senior year of college who was on permanent bed rest. Yeah, we took care of her bed sores for her. My point exactly! ;) If my hips survive lying on them all the time then I'll be dandy! ;)
-we also happen to have painters in the home this week to get ready for said babies' arrival and well, that means sleeping in my own room is a no go. So, I'm technically on couch rest for a while until all the fumes are gone.
One amazing pro, tho, is that God has placed us here for such a time as this. We had no idea that my pregnancy would come to this. Nor how much we would be dependent upon our house helper. She is making sure we have three meals a day on the table, washing baby clothes, and manning the house and the number of times the bell rings each day!
And, of course, the girls have been tremendous little helpers and Daddy was trained in the homeschooling schedule today. (Which, btw, he carried out with expertise, much better than I do, I might add.)
So, all in all, I'm incredibly grateful for the way all of this has panned out. If it must be this way, then at least God is making it happen peacefully.
Now, about that funny story! Well, as most of you know, during pregnancy often you can get bloody noses. I did a few times yesterday actually. So, it reminded me of my first pregnancy, with Kiley, and the hilarious story that ensued from a bloody nose:
I was invited to attend a late night Christmas party at a teacher friend's house when I was about 32 weeks pregnant. Jason took me, dropped me off, and then came back to get me. Well, on the way back home at about 2AM, he decided to take a road he wasn't the least bit familiar with. So we set off and drove slowly and carefully around the very curvy backroads of WV. Our first road block was a deer! So we swerved to miss it and continued on. We were driving extremely slow due to fog, new roads, deer, etc. A car happened upon us pretty fast and we pulled over to let him by. It was a cop. We waved and he went on. Then, to my surprise, I got a nose bleed. So... at this point you have: a swerving car, a nose bleed, and a burning up driver who just wants to get his jacket off while he drives so his arms are flailing all around as I try to help him take off his jacket and hold a tissue on my nose at the same time. A strange sight, you can imagine, if seen from behind through only headlights of your car.
Another car speeds up, and we pull over for it again. This time, it pulls over too. It was a cop! He asks all the typical questions and we are quite perplexed being that we've been driving incredibly slow and following all the safety rules! He then shines the light in my face, glaring at my bloody nose, and says "Ma'am! Are you alright?????" I understood immediately what was going on. He thought Jason was beating me! (remember: swerving, flailing arms, bloody nose, oh, and very pregnant passenger). SO I just start throwing out all the information I could think of "Sir! I'm fine! I was at a "Christian" party, and my husband came to pick me up... I'm pregnant... I get nose bleeds. Everything is fine!"
He gave a very long and thoughtful glare and then let us go. As we were pulling away I mentioned how I felt kind of sorry for him. How, if I weren't telling the truth, he would feel guilty for not checking deeper into the situation. But, Jason, on the other hand, had never caught on to what was happening. He wondered why I would feel sorry for some guy that pulled us over for no reason! When it finally clicked, we had a good laugh about the time Jason got pulled over for bloodying my nose!
First, a few pros and cons to bed rest from my point of view:
Pros: SWELLING DISAPPEARS!!!!!!! I saw the joints in my feet for the first time in about 20 weeks yesterday! It was an unbelievable sight! The girls were amazed! I must say I felt like dancing! But, alas, I'm not allowed!
Cons:
-Heartburn at its worst. Duh... lying down, eating food, doesn't mix when there's not much room left in there.
-The image that the word 'bed rest' portrays is far from what it really entails. I vividly remember taking care of an elderly lady my senior year of college who was on permanent bed rest. Yeah, we took care of her bed sores for her. My point exactly! ;) If my hips survive lying on them all the time then I'll be dandy! ;)
-we also happen to have painters in the home this week to get ready for said babies' arrival and well, that means sleeping in my own room is a no go. So, I'm technically on couch rest for a while until all the fumes are gone.
One amazing pro, tho, is that God has placed us here for such a time as this. We had no idea that my pregnancy would come to this. Nor how much we would be dependent upon our house helper. She is making sure we have three meals a day on the table, washing baby clothes, and manning the house and the number of times the bell rings each day!
And, of course, the girls have been tremendous little helpers and Daddy was trained in the homeschooling schedule today. (Which, btw, he carried out with expertise, much better than I do, I might add.)
So, all in all, I'm incredibly grateful for the way all of this has panned out. If it must be this way, then at least God is making it happen peacefully.
Now, about that funny story! Well, as most of you know, during pregnancy often you can get bloody noses. I did a few times yesterday actually. So, it reminded me of my first pregnancy, with Kiley, and the hilarious story that ensued from a bloody nose:
I was invited to attend a late night Christmas party at a teacher friend's house when I was about 32 weeks pregnant. Jason took me, dropped me off, and then came back to get me. Well, on the way back home at about 2AM, he decided to take a road he wasn't the least bit familiar with. So we set off and drove slowly and carefully around the very curvy backroads of WV. Our first road block was a deer! So we swerved to miss it and continued on. We were driving extremely slow due to fog, new roads, deer, etc. A car happened upon us pretty fast and we pulled over to let him by. It was a cop. We waved and he went on. Then, to my surprise, I got a nose bleed. So... at this point you have: a swerving car, a nose bleed, and a burning up driver who just wants to get his jacket off while he drives so his arms are flailing all around as I try to help him take off his jacket and hold a tissue on my nose at the same time. A strange sight, you can imagine, if seen from behind through only headlights of your car.
Another car speeds up, and we pull over for it again. This time, it pulls over too. It was a cop! He asks all the typical questions and we are quite perplexed being that we've been driving incredibly slow and following all the safety rules! He then shines the light in my face, glaring at my bloody nose, and says "Ma'am! Are you alright?????" I understood immediately what was going on. He thought Jason was beating me! (remember: swerving, flailing arms, bloody nose, oh, and very pregnant passenger). SO I just start throwing out all the information I could think of "Sir! I'm fine! I was at a "Christian" party, and my husband came to pick me up... I'm pregnant... I get nose bleeds. Everything is fine!"
He gave a very long and thoughtful glare and then let us go. As we were pulling away I mentioned how I felt kind of sorry for him. How, if I weren't telling the truth, he would feel guilty for not checking deeper into the situation. But, Jason, on the other hand, had never caught on to what was happening. He wondered why I would feel sorry for some guy that pulled us over for no reason! When it finally clicked, we had a good laugh about the time Jason got pulled over for bloodying my nose!
-The 4 Cokes
No comments:
Post a Comment