Pages

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

A Memorable Day

By now maybe you've realized I really enjoy blogging for myself just as much as for others to read. It's a quick, easy way for me to keep track of what all is going on in my life.

So, today was a doozie of a day. But in a good way. There was hardly a moment I felt frustrated or down. That's not to say I didn't have those moments but the good far outweighed the difficult.

The day started with a very fast rickshaw ride to language class! Thank goodness!

Language class was a bit overwhelming but I know we can do it. It was just information overload after not enough sleep.

Then, we came home after picking up our friends' kids (all four of them) and bringing them back here for science and gymnastics and lunch. I guess we must have been late getting back because my house helper didn't show up which definitely put a damper on things, but we persevered. I definitely had a few moment of " I can't seem to do anything right" but looking back, that was silly. So, I washed all the dishes we own after doing a really cool edible cell science experiment and Jason was nice enough to take over gymnastics. Then we learned a lo more science which I thought was super fun.

After "school" was over our landlord's little girl came up to play for a little while and she even helped us a little bit with language. So did Kiley which was really fun.

Both Kiley & Kamden played really well together and were in the greatest moods. They ended up coming to help me in the kitchen and actually took quite a load off.

We made a quiche ( my first ever) while daddy ran to the store (twice) to grab candy for our family trick or treat and milk for my quiche. Then we made personal pan pizzas shaped liked jack-o-lanterns which turned out delicious- made from rori!

Finally it was time to dress up and trick or treat around the house. Priceless moments. The girls chose from tech very limited supply of dress-up clothes they have. Kamden was Strawberry Shortcake & Kiley was a "dressed up" puppy. Jason was the hit, tho. He wore quite the attired and called himself a hippy. We laughed and laughed.

We ended the night with Charlie Brown & the Great Pumpkin. It was a great day and lots of fun memories were made.

It didn't keep me from waking up with a touch of sadness after seeing all the pics of home but it sure was a special time.

The other note I'd like to remember from the night was that many people were praying for me as the sounds that we hear through the night and really all day everyday are very unnerving. But last night, it was (almost) silent! Praise The Lord for answered prayers!

You can all pray for the noise some more. Noise is my trigger point and as I type this I sit on a bus listening to constant deafening honking. To the point that I have resorted to holding my ears in public. It's almost roughy me to tears a few times. So please pray for my ears to adjust to the volume. Thanks a ton! :)

*pics will be posted on Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment