Oct. 22, 2012
Already we've had many opportunities to speak the name of Jesus, but today was our first day to actually go out into the communities and find ways into people's homes with the end goal being to share the Gospel with them!
Kiley & I went out with a translator and had a wonderful day! First, we survived our first rickshaw accident! Our rickshaw was hit by another rickshaw in the front tire. We were unharmed and were approaching our destination so we just hopped out and went on. I felt bad when I looked back and saw that his tire was bent and that probably meant the loss of income for him.
We went into some alleyways where we were quickly invited into homes and soon were being begged to "please come to my home"! We were fed snacks, water, cookies, soda and chai galore!
I was surprised at how quickly and easily I was able to present my testimony or a story from God's Word or even share the gospel story. The people listened intently and seeds were sown!
One woman in particular has been suffering of a fever for over a month. I was able to pray for her healing and then she allowed me to tell the story of the bleeding woman. Please pray for her healing so that she will recognize the power of Jesus. She was elderly and this was the first that she had heard of him!!! She truly had never heard the name of Jesus! Later, she came to another home where we were to sit with us some more!
The final home we visited was full of sisters in their 20s who begged us to visit. They had two dogs ( which Kiley was dying to pet) so we went into their home. They fed us yet again and were very proud to show us their home. They were especially proud to show us their worship room where they kept their shrines. They are very deep into Hinduism and say that it brings them peace. I was able to share a lot about my faith with them and they concluded that they believed all that I said was true but they believed you can believe in whatever way you wish. It broke my heart that even when presented with the truth that Jesus is the only way, they did not choose to place their trust in Christ. It was a great visit and I believe good seeds were planted. We received a formal invitation to their wedding so hopefully we will have a chance to visit with them again.
It was a great day of ministry and I believe the Holy Spirit gave much boldness and great open doors! I was amazed at how easy it felt to turn conversations spiritual. I left this morning nervous that I wasn't prepared but, as always, God came through!
Below are some pictures of people you can pray for that I met today.







No comments:
Post a Comment