Well, we got our first taste of healthcare. Many of you know that Kiley fractured her arm in Richmond before we left for our big adventure. The big adventure just got bigger when we discovered we would be trying out the healthcare almost immediately upon arrival. Kiley then proceeded to remove her own cast almost a week early by accident!!! The good news is she has a whole cast now to keep as a souvenir!
Today, we made our way to the hospital to haver her wrist x-rayed to be sure her treatment was finished. Note to self: don't leave at noon having not eaten lunch or even much of a breakfast and expect to just happen upon some food along the way! It is now 4 pm and no one has had lunch!
The laughable part was how the healthcare system works here. To be honest, I'm not actually sure how it works still. All I know is that we went on multiple wild goose chases which felt to our disadvantage but the good part was that we were seen and helped almost immediately everywhere we went. It was different. Very different. And time consuming. But interesting to say the least. And above all, it was an adventure! :)
Kiley & Jason went on to finish the visit while Kamden & I looked for food. Which was also an adventure. I didn't recognize that they offered chai because it was written in English as tea! I was disappointed that I didn't order any but when I asked for "roti" pronounced "ro-tea" they thought I was asking for tea so we got some anyway! Ha! I guess they know more English than I do! ;)
We also had the chance to sit with two sweet H women. They offered us a seat at their table. After getting to know them and why they were here, they allowed me to pr@y for them and we were able to speak the name of Jesus! So exciting!
We definitely learned today that everything takes longer in South Asia but it left us with a smile on our faces, some new experiences (like riding a very crowded train and a tuk-tuk/ auto rickshaw for the first time) and it allowed us to spread the love of Christ! You be pr@ying for these women too!
No comments:
Post a Comment