Pages

Friday, November 2, 2012

Prayers Answered! Faith Strengthened! Future Brightened!

Last week, after meeting numerous people in the villages, our team of about 30 people came together and spent time "prayer walking" in a circle around specific names of people we had met.

As we walked that circle, I became OVERWHELMED by the thought of all those people who had caught only a glimpse of our Savior and now were left with the possibility of never hearing His name again.

You see, with so many contacts made, each visit has to be rated on the level of interest and whether follow-up is encouraged. After all, the harvest is plentiful, but the laborers are few.

I spent that prayer time that night begging God that we would have some chance of meeting these people again, the ones who may never have a chance to hear again apart from our mouths. I prayed over and over specifically that somehow we would run into these people from way out in the village when they came into town for a dr visit or an errand of some kind. I'll be honest, in a city of a couple million people, I ended the evening very disheartened. Wondering how we could possibly get the task done.

This takes me to a specific village that I visited on the next to last day. It felt like a day with little "profit". We visited the home of one woman where a large crowd quickly gathered and we told stories to no avail. I even listed THAT woman on my prayer walking sheet the final night. She had broken my heart because she was an elderly woman and when I asked her to tell me about the best day of her life, she simply cried. It broke my heart to think that possibly no one has ever cared enough to ask her that before. Or maybe she couldn't think of a best day. I was burdened for her.

There was also a young man sitting right next to her who walked with crutches and had one bad eye. He caught my attention because (aside from his injuries) he looked exactly like an Indian version of a friend of ours. It was crazy how much they looked alike!

Well, would you believe that he got on our bus today right here in our town!!!! He lives a good hour out into the village (the one we had to ride a buffalo cart to get into) and he was here in our town on our bus!!!!!!!!! I just about cried!!!!!

Jason actually spotted him too (having never met him) because... He said he looked exactly like that same friend of ours!!!! I told Jason "I met him in a village last week!!!! I can't believe this. I prayed this exact thing would happen!! We have to talk to him." And would you believe... HE UNDERSTOOD SOME ENGLISH!!!!

We were able to give him a tract and pray for him right there!!!!! It was amazing!!!!

My faith was strengthened big time today! SPECIFIC prayers that I prayed answered so beautifully!

Please pray for our new friend, Shahjad, (sounds like 'C- zar'). He asked that we pray for a bright future for him! Ha! Will we ever! Join me in praying that his future will be brighter because of Jesus!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment