Pages

Friday, October 19, 2012

Dusty

Wednesday I stepped out of one culture and into another as I spent the day at a handicrafts fair looking to make contacts for our jewelry business. It was a fun day of laughing, getting lost (normal if you know me), and learning my new phone number after writing it down a hundred times for business contacts.

Yet, the day was filled with culture shock in my mind as I felt like I was walking through a Pier One or Pottery Barn in the States. So many goods were on display for buyers to choose for their high end companies to sell. Needless to say, it was a strange mix of cultures and feelings of absurdity when I saw items made here for almost nothing but then sent to ritzy places and sold for obscene prices.

Of course, all of it was right before my eyes and I couldn't buy any of it because it was sold only in bulk. Although, I did manage to talk one guy into selling me bedding for our room (which we desperately need to keep the dust from setting into our sheets every day! Sadly, I wasn't as successful in talking another store into selling me some adorable bedding for the girls.

It was a great day and yet another opportunity for God to strip away even more of the yuck that seems to stay filmed over on my heart. The dusty streets of our city seem to constantly glaze over the floor of our home but its a good reminder of what my heart looks like to my Savior. This place has a way of revealing the parts of your life that aren't totally sold out to Him.

Still learning. Still growing. Still changing. Still dusting off corners of my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment