Pages

Friday, January 20, 2012

Be Kind, Please Rewind!

Most of us remember the famous sticker that used to be on all of our VHS tapes from the video store... "Be Kind, Please Rewind!"  If you have no clue what I'm talking about, you couldn't be old enough to be using a computer, could you? That couldn't have been that long ago, I'm simply not that old!

Speaking of VHS tapes, I'm still amazed daily at how far (for the good and the bad) technology has come! I love that we have the luxuries of texting, emailing, facebooking, blogging, skyping, and Magic Jacking (which I was just reminded of today and it lifted my spirits to think that I will possibly be able to have normal telephone conversations with the people I love back home).  But, I am somewhat of a traditionalist too.  You wouldn't think it by how much I take advantage of the modern day technology, but if I could choose a period of time to live in, I would love to go back to the front porch days, when your neighbors came to help you with your chores and everyone lived close enough to borrow eggs when needed.  I have a little piece of me that would enjoy being Amish! Just a few little secrets about me that not a lot of people may know.  :) Anyway, believe it or not, this is not the purpose of today's blog!

The title is actually referencing the fact that I wanted to take the time to share some more of the earlier miracles and confirmations that have taken place during the process we've been facing.  So, we're going to take a moment to REWIND!

The first one I want to share is a humorous one.  I love God's sense of humor and His way of confirming His plan for us.  Only days after beginning the application process and barely even realizing what was happening ourselves, a dear friend and wise woman approached me at church.  She acted like she wanted to say something very serious to me, but then she shook her head and said, 'No, now is not the time.' Of course I was curious and asked her what she was referring to.  She then made a very direct statement that God was doing something with Jason & myself in the area of [m].  WHAT??? I must have looked like a truck hit me when she said it because she quickly tried to grasp at the air and regather her words as if she'd never spoke them.  She saw the look on my face and said, 'I'm not saying you're going... I just think God is doing a work in your hearts.'  I would have loved to have blurted out what was going on and just how right she was, but at the time it was top-secret and truly only God, Jason & myself knew.  You may think that's a neat story and wonder how she knew when we felt we had kept everything so secret, and up to that point it truly had only been a few days since we'd even felt the call.  Well, it gets even more ironic. 

We then went to lunch with our children's pastor and close friend.  I had told Jason what had just happend and he was in shock and made the statement that he could never have kept a straight face.  Of course, God laughed at that and pulled another one on us.  Sitting at lunch, out of the blue, Luke says with a big grin on his face, 'You all are going to be [m's]! Kaitlyn & I talk about it all the time.' Thankfully, his phone rang immediately and he walked away from the table.  That allowed Jason & me time to pick our chins up off the floor and collect our thoughts! 

We had a lot of good laughs over those two instances and love that God chose to give us a little confirmation that what we were doing was exactly what we needed to do.  It was such a fun time finally sharing with those two friends how right their predictions were.  Since then, it's been proven that you simply can't fully hide what's on your heart.  So many people's first reactions when we told them were that they knew it was coming one day, maybe not so soon, but they could see our passion building and knew our hearts were headed in that direction.

There are SO many more amazing stories but I'll save your ears or your eyes or whatever you use to read these blogs and share more fun rewind stories later.  And, remember, Be Kind, Please Rewind! Because, when God does amazing stuff in our lives, He wants us to remember! 


3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing. LOL - what is funny is that for the first time today in ...I don't know how long..I said those very words -"Be Kind and Rewind! lol. I had gotten out an old VCR tape to watch Cinderella - ( I am too cheap to replace them all with DVD's) and we were talking about the "Be Kind and Rewind" that used to be on all tapes!... and now how you don't have to worry about that with DVD's, then I get on here and read those words - lol. But, also, many times I have said I wish I could rewind my life like a VCR tape and change so many things. But that is not possible. Today is the first day of the rest of our lives and we can only make changes in this day and continue them on in the days to come. I do give praise for what he is doing in your lives and have been following your posts. I am excited for you and will be remembering you all. Hopefully you will be doing a letter or blog of some kind to keep us updated!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey! This comment posted as "anonymous" but I wanted to make sure you were on our mailing list. If you want to, shoot me an email with your address. It's the4cokes@yahoo.com

      Delete
  2. How exciting to have confirmation like that! He is good to give us encouragement along the way. Little reminders of how much He loves us, and that He is working everything out.

    ReplyDelete