Pages

Sunday, January 15, 2012

Overwhelmed

Wow! Today, Jason had the opportunity to speak to some very dear friends.  It was such a WONDERFUL time being with old friends and being reminded of their love for us, and of how God has provided such a great group of supporters for us.  The people of Nehemiah are dear to our hearts and it meant so much to be able to spend the day with them. 
Overwhelmed... by their love.

We made the trip back home after an enjoyable lunch and more visiting and came home to some peace and quiet.  Well, as much peace as can be when both girls slept the whole way home and were full of energy! The low part of the day came when we started discussing birthdays.  I must say, I'm obviously new to this whole idea of moving across the world and explaining it to my children.  So far, so good... for the most part.  But, today didn't go quite as well as usual.  Kamden (our 3 year old) understandably had a hard time understanding that this year's birthdays wouldn't be all about toys and gifts.  Satan knew just the right buttons to push to make me feel the guilt of putting my children through this and also the guilt of expecting 'perfect' kids who willingly surrender every last drop of life for the sake of others.  I do need to add that, for the most part, the girls are ECSTATIC to be going and are handling it all so well.  Kiley (our five year old) is behaving far beyond her years and Kamden (when toys aren't in the discussion) shouts with excitement about it all. 
Overwhelmed... by daily life challenges.

I also had the interesting opportunity to have a conversation with a lost person today through facebook.  It was not a pleasant ending and I will leave it at that.
Overwhelmed... by the lostness that surrounds us.

We ended the night just hanging out as a fam.  The girls burned off some energy doing gymnastics and 'exercising' through the house.  They even talked Daddy into hopping down the hall which ended quite humorously when he landed on his slick pants and fell right in the floor.  I watched as Kiley comforted him and cuddled him and I sat back and laughed! We played some Princess Yahtzee together which was priceless time well spent and sent the girls off to bed with smiles on their little faces. 
Overwhelmed... by God's blessings on me.

So, as the day comes to a close, I look back and am reminded that in each event there was something to be learned and something to be treasured. 

No comments:

Post a Comment