Pages

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Little Lulu

Today, my head has been a constant chatter... I feel like there are so many things God is teaching me or wanting to use me to help others with.  I'm not sure why I've been so overwhelmed with thinking about these things today, but it's been quite the busy day inside my head! Jason would say it's just me & LuLu having our typical conversations---He claims she's my other personality! ;) He's joked about that since we've been married and even bought me a VHS cartoon of a little girl named LuLu.  Anyway, back to reality!

I have had a lot on my mind and am not certain I can put it all into words.  First, for some updates... we received 100% approval to go forward with a job match today! WOO HOO! Just what we've been waiting for... some certainty! It's very exciting to be moving ahead in the process and be closer to the end result!  We hope to have even more details about our exact location as soon as possible.

So, back to what all I've been focusing on all day.  I've really been battling with the spiritual conversation I had recently with a friend.  I really feel like the Lord has laid some things on my heart to share, so I'm praying earnestly that I will have to opportunity to speak face to face with this person very soon.

I'm also blown away by the way God focuses on every minor detail of our lives.  We had a really neat thing happen today that was too cool to be a simple coincedence.  The group our teens are hoping to visit this summer in NYC actually took a trip themselves to the exact city that we are hoping to live in!!!  It's just so cool that God made that connection for us and it once again confirms the location to which we feel we are called. 

Another interesting random thought that's been invading my mind today is the idea of someone being two-faced.  Now, I realize there really are people (even "Christians") who purposefully deceive and seem to live two different lives.  But, it hit me today that we can all be somewhat 'two-faced' as Christians, unintentionally.  You see, isn't living the Christian life just trying our best to be like Christ? None of us are perfect, and it's impossible to attain perfection in this lifetime, so we are simply striving to be like Christ.  So when our flesh takes over, we do things that are exactly opposite of what the Spirit would have us to do.  Therefore, making us appear 'two-faced' to those around us.  Now, I am speaking in general and am definitely not stating this as a matter of fact, but if you look around you (and inside of you), you'll be reminded that it's very easy to fall back into your old ways when you are new at following Christ, goodness, it's easy even if you've been a Christian for a long time.  My point of reference for this conclusion that I've come to is this:

15 For I do not understand what I am doing, because I do not practice what I want to do, but I do what I hate. 16 And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree with the law that it is good. 17 So now I am no longer the one doing it, but it is sin living in me. 18 For I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my flesh. For the desire to do what is good is with me, but there is no ability to do it. 19 For I do not do the good that I want to do, but I practice the evil that I do not want to do. 20 Now if I do what I do not want, I am no longer the one doing it, but it is the sin that lives in me.
Romans 7:15-20

So, the next time you consider calling someone 'two-faced', give them the benefit of the doubt.  Hopefully they are like so many of us, just trying to work out our own salvation one lesson at a time.


On top of all of this, I began reading in Daniel today.  I think it's possibly one of my favorite Old Testament books.  I just absolutely LOVE Daniel 3:17-18.  I'm pumped about what all I'm noticing in what I've read so far.  It's so cool how God was watching out for Daniel and his friends because of how bold they were to stand up for what they believed in.  I just love it and want to be just like them!

That pretty much skims the surface of where all my mind has gone today! If I shared every single thought, you'd probably start calling me LuLu too! ;)




2 comments:

  1. Ok Lulu. I too had a day of a brain filled with many thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete