I've always wanted to be a blogger and feel like I post enough statuses on facebook to practically consider that a blog as it is. ;) But, with the latest adventure we are facing, I have finally decided it is time to dive in head first to the world of blogging. I'm making no promises that it will be creative, exciting, or hold your interest. I do promise, however, that it will be filled with lots of info on the4cokes and how things are progressing in our everyday life.
So, it only makes sense to start by explaining as much of our new journey as possible. As a child, I (Angel) felt called to do work in foreign countries. After attending college and meeting my best friend, I realized that the plan was for us to begin working with youth as that was Jason's major and his passion. We can say with certainty that we have been right in the center of God's will for our lives these past 8 years. If you'd asked us as recent as one year ago if we ever imagined ourselves anywhere other than Roanoke, VA, we would have laughed our heads off. But, stuff was happening behind the scenes all along to bring us to this place of total surrender.
Seperately, Jason & I began to feel a tugging on our hearts for the nations. Jason began a series studying it and teaching it to our youth. Little did our youth leaders know when they suggested that series that Jason would be preaching to himself. Soon after he began to teach our teens about the needs around the world it became obvious to both of us that this was exactly what was in store for our family. Thankfully, it was so clear that we had no choice but to obey. And so, the process began!
Looking back over our lives, we are able to see so many details that have been laid out so perfectly bringing us to the place we are today. (I'll save all of those little miracles for a later blog!) Every day we see miracle after miracle and prayer after prayer answered. Right down to the minor details like Kiley's bloodwork coming in on time and job matches making sense to us amidst all the jibberish and confusion that we didn't understand.
I can't tell you WHY we've been chosen to start this journey. I've never felt more unworthy and incapable, yet it's the most obvious step in my life to follow Him and what He is calling us to do! I'm excited mostly to see how in the world He is going to use little ol' me and how he is going to change me, mold me, and strip me away. My true desire is Phil. 3:10 for my life. I realize I cannot say that lightly and that daily I must surrender to that goal.
So, the "details" as we know them right now... We are in the process of being accepted to work overseas at this time. We are nearing the end with only our references and formalities left to go. And, yes, plenty of people have threatened to have a little talk with our references in an attempt to keep us home. Jokingly, of course. At least, I hope! ;) But, after these things clear, we hope to begin training toward the end of July and head to our new home in the fall! I simply can't believe it when I hear myself say it! That's 7 short and jam-packed months! Ahhh! We HOPE to know a specific location by the middle of this month. I feel like when that happens, the planning stages will be in full swing as we learn more about the actual city we will be living in.
As for our families, though they are saddened, they are supportive. My (Angel's) family has ALWAYS been our biggest fans and we are so thankful that, through their pain, they are supporting us wholeheartedly (even calling about plane tickets already! Yippee!) I am realizing more now than ever what Godly parents I have. When they knew that we knew this was what we HAD to do, they gave us their blessing and their support! I want to be just like them when I grow up! ;)
As for our girls, they've never been happier! They ask daily when we get to go and cheer when we talk about it. We are blessed. God has been working in their little hearts from day one as well and sometimes they are 'bigger' than we are about the whole thing. I love all the little comments that they've made and how excited they are when they tell their friends. Needless to say, I'm aware hard times will come for all of us, but it's wonderful to have such a good start to such a big adventure.
Well, that's just about it this time around. I can't wait to share more of the neat little stories and details with you all! Thanks for reading!
-angel
what a great blog...and the title is so cute! Love it and i will be a follower of it.
ReplyDeleteAwesome!! You and your family are such a blessing!!!
ReplyDeleteAngel,
ReplyDeleteI think it is wonderful how God is using you. I will be praying for your family and waiting to read more exciting news.
Terri Byrd
So happy & proud of you all!
ReplyDeleteDo I get to make the first comment?! Great job on your first blog! I'm so excited for you guys and know that God will use you to do amazing things for Him. Your submission and obedience to God's plan for your life is so encouraging. Praying for you! Love, Angela
ReplyDelete