PawPaw got started right away by loading up the four-wheeler with a wooden sled for the girls to ride around the yard in. It's amazing what grandparents will do for their grandchildren (his yard now looks like a muddy mess but he doesn't seem to mind!)
After a number of laps around the yard, some snow angels, and attempting to 'surf' while being pulled by the four-wheeler, Jason took the girls to the top of the mountain for some sledding! I couldn't believe Kiley's bravery. I was sure they would come flying off of the sled at one point!
I saved my favorite memory of the morning for last and it's also the inspiration for the title of today's blog. After being outside only a few minutes, Kamden randomly starts singing in her sweet little voice "Nothing but the blood of Jesus!" Wow! In her little mind, she saw snow and immediately thought of that wonderful hymn that reminds us that Christ's blood makes us white as snow! She couldn't stop singing it and kept walking me to different spots in the yard that still had some snow (since we'd melted most of it away with the sled) just to sing it again. It's amazing what sponges they are and I'm thankful that her mind & heart are being filled with truths like this one. I only regret that my own first thought wasn't the same as hers. So, I guess that's why the Bible tells us to become like little children! Enjoy this video clip of her singing sweetly and let it remind you that HE makes all things new!
so sweet!
ReplyDelete