He's Working On Me!!!
Today and yesterday have taken their toll physically (our bodies were made to move and therefore, don't feel that great in long term idle positions), emotionally, and spiritually.
First, I'm amazed at the way the Lord truly is carrying us through a pretty difficult time... My bed rest & Jason's back being the two major issues, other little funsies under that. And, I'm thankful that He's revealing the good amidst the not so great, too.
But, that being said, and being quite honest, I have been rather idle spiritually, sort of at a loss, and, well, it's no secret that I'm quite the worrier. So... today I think all of it came to a head... not feeling good physically, like the crunching your toes, tensing your muscles, but not even exactly sure why, not feeling good. And, I've had sleep issues- what pregnant lady doesn't ;).
So, all of that takes a toll on a person, especially one who's just not putting in the quality time with the only One who can heal these things.
Finally, I sat down and said "enough is enough" and I broke out God's Word and breathed a prayer of "Lord, I come to you..." Which reminded me, of course, of the amazing song "Power of Your Love". I sent a quick message to a few people that I knew would pray for me, listened to the song which spoke straight to my heart, and then opened God's Word. And, what did He do other than exactly what He always does: convict and encourage.
I try to read a Proverbs a day, so I opened to Proverbs 3. And, would you believe that the very verses that we all know by heart, are the ones that spoke to me today. Namely, verse 7:
"Be not wise in your own eyes; fear the Lord and depart form evil".
I stopped dead in my tracks and realized that I am being far too wise in my own eyes: internet searches for every side effect under the sun to any of the issues I'm currently dealing with, diagnosing myself and my babies ahead of time with everything possible that could go wrong, just all out exactly what that verse says not to do. And then it hit me...
THIS IS EVIL!!!! What??? Evil??? I am in no way evil!!! Who me???
Yes! Evil. Because the Bible clearly states that sin is sin. And taking things in my own hands, or overly worrying over things that simply aren't truth, or imagining that I know better than God, and that whatever He chooses to hand to me could possibly even be considered 'wrong' is, in itself evil!
And, ya know what, the next verse revealed exactly what I'll receive if I do choose to fear the Lord and depart from evil:
"It will be HEALING to your flesh, and REFRESHMENT to your bones"! Yes!!! Just exactly what I'm currently in need of! Well, no wonder I've been feeling so bad!
I immediately felt a weight lifted off my shoulders! I don't have to carry the burden of this pregnancy, this bed rest, this placenta previa, these babies, possible NICU time, none of it! It is not mine to carry! And, who am I to think that I know best? Again, who am I to think that anything the Lord chooses to hand me is anything less than His best!
"For I know the plans I have for you" declares the Lord, "plans to PROSPER you and not to harm you, plans to give you HOPE and a FUTURE." Jeremiah 29:11
Right there it is! His plans far exceed mine! He knows what's best! And, I must choose to rest in that, day in and day out.
I really found a gem today! The reminder that, all in all, He is in control! And what He has for me must be what's best! I've had these thoughts on my mind for quite some time, but choosing to place my trust in them, well, that comes and goes. And today was a great reminder of just how true these things are!
I can step into each day knowing and resting in the fact that HE IS GRACIOUS, LOVING, & KIND! And, He knows and has known since before time began about these sweet babies' lives. It's up to me whether I choose to take Him at His word!
Oh, and the icing on the cake... no house helper = no wholesome food when mom is down and out, so guess what I just happened to find in the fridge! A whole bag of homemade granola bars that no one realized was in there! Score!!! Healing to my flesh, refreshment to my bones! ;)
-The 4 Cokes
Today and yesterday have taken their toll physically (our bodies were made to move and therefore, don't feel that great in long term idle positions), emotionally, and spiritually.
First, I'm amazed at the way the Lord truly is carrying us through a pretty difficult time... My bed rest & Jason's back being the two major issues, other little funsies under that. And, I'm thankful that He's revealing the good amidst the not so great, too.
But, that being said, and being quite honest, I have been rather idle spiritually, sort of at a loss, and, well, it's no secret that I'm quite the worrier. So... today I think all of it came to a head... not feeling good physically, like the crunching your toes, tensing your muscles, but not even exactly sure why, not feeling good. And, I've had sleep issues- what pregnant lady doesn't ;).
So, all of that takes a toll on a person, especially one who's just not putting in the quality time with the only One who can heal these things.
Finally, I sat down and said "enough is enough" and I broke out God's Word and breathed a prayer of "Lord, I come to you..." Which reminded me, of course, of the amazing song "Power of Your Love". I sent a quick message to a few people that I knew would pray for me, listened to the song which spoke straight to my heart, and then opened God's Word. And, what did He do other than exactly what He always does: convict and encourage.
I try to read a Proverbs a day, so I opened to Proverbs 3. And, would you believe that the very verses that we all know by heart, are the ones that spoke to me today. Namely, verse 7:
"Be not wise in your own eyes; fear the Lord and depart form evil".
I stopped dead in my tracks and realized that I am being far too wise in my own eyes: internet searches for every side effect under the sun to any of the issues I'm currently dealing with, diagnosing myself and my babies ahead of time with everything possible that could go wrong, just all out exactly what that verse says not to do. And then it hit me...
THIS IS EVIL!!!! What??? Evil??? I am in no way evil!!! Who me???
Yes! Evil. Because the Bible clearly states that sin is sin. And taking things in my own hands, or overly worrying over things that simply aren't truth, or imagining that I know better than God, and that whatever He chooses to hand to me could possibly even be considered 'wrong' is, in itself evil!
And, ya know what, the next verse revealed exactly what I'll receive if I do choose to fear the Lord and depart from evil:
"It will be HEALING to your flesh, and REFRESHMENT to your bones"! Yes!!! Just exactly what I'm currently in need of! Well, no wonder I've been feeling so bad!
I immediately felt a weight lifted off my shoulders! I don't have to carry the burden of this pregnancy, this bed rest, this placenta previa, these babies, possible NICU time, none of it! It is not mine to carry! And, who am I to think that I know best? Again, who am I to think that anything the Lord chooses to hand me is anything less than His best!
"For I know the plans I have for you" declares the Lord, "plans to PROSPER you and not to harm you, plans to give you HOPE and a FUTURE." Jeremiah 29:11
Right there it is! His plans far exceed mine! He knows what's best! And, I must choose to rest in that, day in and day out.
I really found a gem today! The reminder that, all in all, He is in control! And what He has for me must be what's best! I've had these thoughts on my mind for quite some time, but choosing to place my trust in them, well, that comes and goes. And today was a great reminder of just how true these things are!
I can step into each day knowing and resting in the fact that HE IS GRACIOUS, LOVING, & KIND! And, He knows and has known since before time began about these sweet babies' lives. It's up to me whether I choose to take Him at His word!
Oh, and the icing on the cake... no house helper = no wholesome food when mom is down and out, so guess what I just happened to find in the fridge! A whole bag of homemade granola bars that no one realized was in there! Score!!! Healing to my flesh, refreshment to my bones! ;)
-The 4 Cokes
No comments:
Post a Comment