Pages

Sunday, August 9, 2015

This is the Trial that Never Ends (sang on repeat)

Just for memory's sake, I want to remember what we've been walking through lately. It's almost laughable when things happen one right after the other. So, just since yesterday- woke up to 2 out of 3 ACs broken, a flat tire, and Jason dropped his laptop cracking the screen all the way across diagonally. 

Then, this AM, he woke up sick at his stomach and in bed all morning. The kids and I played in the living room with the connector doors shut so the babies wouldn't escape.

Well. Today we are thanking God for the broken ACs because Kiley was burning up, went to get a ponytail holder from the back of the house where Daddy was resting, and came running back with her shirt covering her face saying it smelled like gas. 

When I went back, it literally smelled like a gas spill right in our house. I yelled for Jason because, quite honestly, I was worried he had passed out from it. 

I started looking for the spill when I went out back and asked the men who are building behind our house and they said they were using petrol to clean with and would be finished soon! What?!?!? Seriously, it was SO BAD in our house. 

We immediately had to leave bc the smell had already wafted into the front of the house. So we went for a walk (girls in pjs- boys in diapers & shirts) and had lunch at a little spot about a twenty minute walk away. 

And, on the way, we thanked God that our ACs were broken which led to Kiley needed a hair band which led to discovering the smell which essentially saved our lives. ;) 

Here are some pictures from our walk. 
*afternoon nap on the go. (I won't mention that I was very hopeful to catch a nap during the afternoon nap today) 

*walking in the rain on muddy streets gives a great new design to the back of your clothes. 

*This little piggy went to market...

*This not-so-little piggy had roast beef! 



No comments:

Post a Comment