Pages

Thursday, August 6, 2015

Funk

Yesterday was filled with funk. I'll be honest. I cried thru lunch and had some serious heart to hearts with God throughout the day. 

BUT, I can honestly say that I am (trying to be) thankful for the funk. It is indeed fulfilling its purpose of changing me and making me into who God created me to be. 

I do NOT hope my children or I will live life without trials. I only hope those trials will make them and me more like Him. 

And I'm coming to the realization that in every trial, God remains constant. He is still the very same God He was the day before ______________. (Fill in the blank with whatever trial you're facing.) 

I'll be honest some more. I'm tired! Mainly in the mornings before I reheat my tea five times and long before I catch a break long enough to open God's Word and catch a glimpse of His glory. But I'm reminded constantly that His glory is all around me. 

I'm amazed that I'm not more exhausted than I am. It's obviously on Him sustaining me. And yet about a hundred times a day, I let me flesh take over, my heart show all the ugly spots on my face and in my mouth. And I'm convicted. Because the truth is every drop of my life is one big picture of His goodness. Yes, even the injured husband, the sleepless nights. All of it. But especially those sweet girls and those mischievous baby boys! 

Learning to live like I believe it's a blessing is the tough part. 

No comments:

Post a Comment