Pages

Sunday, July 20, 2014

Integrity 7/20/14

My heart burst this morning when I was sitting alone reading from Proverbs (my favorite book of the Bible, yet, everyday that I read from it I notice a little bit more how wise I'm not). 

Today, while I was reading, Kiley woke up and often if they're sitting around while I'm reading, I'll offer to read out loud and they love it. So, today I did just that. 

I got to a verse in Proverbs 20 that says, "The one who lives with integrity is righteous; his children who come after him will be happy." (Proverbs 20:7 HCSB)
And, Kiley thought on it for a minute and said "I think that's daddy!" My heart melted and beamed simultaneously. Because it's true. Their daddy is an example of integrity to them. 

It was a sweet, spontaneous time around the Word as a family as Kamden woke up and joined us and Daddy too. And we were able to discuss more from God's Word about being rich (one of Kamden's most recent questions is "Are we rich?" Or "Were we richer before we moved?" It's on her mind a lot. I try to remind her that, yes, monetarily we are richer than most of the world, but aside from that and far more important, we are rich because our Father owns the cattle on a thousand hills! But, today, from Proverbs, the topic came up again. 

"There is gold and a multitude of jewels, but knowledgeable lips are a rare treasure." (Proverbs 20:15 HCSB)

Want to be rich, Kamden? Speak knowledge from your mouth. It's far better than anything money can buy. 

I'm so proud of these two ladies. Everyday. But so much more as they walk thru transition once again and do it with grace (while their mommy does not). 

1 comment:

  1. Love!! and you have a multitude of grace.
    Della

    ReplyDelete