*Working by the light of the computer screen.
(Written in our former city)
It comes and goes. The power, that is. We just came home from two weeks away to a home with no electricity, no water due to no electricity, and a bone-dry inverter also due to no electricity!
Lately, the power has been out at least 12 hours out of a 24 hour period. That doesn't allow the inverter time to charge back up when it is on causing the power to go out in full some of the time!
I am not one to take a cold shower just to cool off but I've been doing it everyday! Today, I just stood under the water till the power came back on! (Water is back on most of the time now although the power isn't high enough to run the washing machine so our clothes are a little piled up.)
For some reason, monsoon still hasn't hit. People are stressing it. I'm stressing it. It's hot! But, ya know. AFTER I go through all the thoughts of "ITS SO HOT and WE'RE GONNA SUFFOCATE and PLEASE COME BACK ON!" My mind does eventually turn to the people who deal with this all. the. time. They don't cool back off when the power comes on. They don't have power. And you know what? It's probably the least of their worries. They've got far too many other things to worry about than whether or not the power is on. Like, will their crops survive this year so they can feed their family? Or where will their next meal even come from?
People have it so bad. And, sadly, if doesn't stop there. They don't even have a clue what else they're missing. They live this life in darkness. And they'll be living the next one in utter darkness. No escape.

No comments:
Post a Comment