Pages

Monday, November 5, 2012

Side Notes on our House Video

After the video posted and sent, I thought of about a million random things I forgot to mention.

So, here's a list of what comes to my mind right now:

1. First, our home is a new build. So since its never been lived in before, it's appearance is in great condition. Funny thing is, every worker that comes through to fix one thing seems to break another. ;) Anyway, we're super thankful for a new build! It saves a lot of inconveniences like mold, etc.

2. I forgot to point out all the random lighting. It's like a guessing game everytime you flip a light switch. You never know what you're turning on (or off). Not to mention, the lights are just in random places all over the rooms... On the walls, ceilings, corners, you name it. And of all shapes and sizes. And, don't forget that everything is opposite here, so you flip the switch up for off and down for on.

3. On the back porch, you may have spotted a big box. That's our inverter. Our power goes out randomly day and night. That allows us to keep our fans and most lights. Not our microwave/ oven though so if I'm baking something and the power goes out, it has to wait. Thankfully, tho, our stovetop is gas.

4. The shower faucets are entertaining because there's too many to count. It's another guessing game as to what you're turning on or off or up or down!

5. The girls room has a huge window overlooking the front street (and the monkeys that come to visit often on our front porch).

6. Finding furniture for them and bookshelves for all our homeschool materials has proven to be difficult. We are in the process now of trying to find someone to build that stuff for us.

7. The dust is unbelievable! But we are getting used to it. And it gets dusted daily.

8. Ooh! And I forgot to show one of my favorite things about the house! The ceilings are beautiful and we forgot to show you our huge skylight!

That's all the interesting facts I can think of right now. If you have any questions, feel free to ask! :)

We've been blessed beyond measure!

No comments:

Post a Comment