Pages

Saturday, August 23, 2014

Kamden's Ever Maturing Heart Part 2

This morning, surrounded by new and old friends, the girls were watching some old VBS music videos. When a special song came on that Kamden just loved and made up motions to with me and made me do it over and over, Jason said "Kamden! It's your song!" She then just glares at us and says "it's not my song anymore!" Well, ok, then! Someone is embarrassed. Well, we didn't say a word, went on about our day, flew home, and when we got home about 10 hours later, she comes up to me completely on her own and says "I'm sorry for saying it wasn't our song anymore."  My. Heart. Burst. Because she was CONVICTED! She felt guilty and came to make it right! I told her it was Ok and that I was just proud of her for letting God work in her heart! 

Then, a few hours later, she comes to show me her freshly brushed teeth. Well, I like to check them but she really struggles with fear over some of the smallest things! She was afraid it would hurt or that I was going to pull her new loose tooth. So, very out of character, she says, "Can I pray first?" Are you kidding me? Of course! I reminded her that after praying for help to be brave it became her own choice whether or not she chose to be brave. Sadly, this time she didn't and she got in a little bit of trouble for fighting me so badly over barely even touching her teeth. But once again, I was so proud of her for choosing to PRAY in a time of fear! It's not always that she even lets me pray for her when she's having a difficult time. So I was so very proud of the growth I saw in her life today! 


2 comments: