This post's purpose is two fold:
Just to remember the events of yesterday and to entertain those of you who enjoy getting a laugh from other people's misery. ;) ie. embarrassing moments.
First off, we took the girls for their yearly check up about a month ago and the pediatrician said Kamden's ear was full of wax and we should go to an ENT to have it removed. Well, it's not like we were in the middle of a move or anything. So, it took a few weeks.
Finally, Jason was headed to the cap so we sent Kamden in just to have a quick fix... so we thought. The doc sent her back with tons of meds saying her middle ears were so full of fluid that we barely escaped surgery. She took antibiotics for a week and we went back in for a follow-up. At that time, the doctor looked in her ears and said it had gone way too far and that she needed surgery as soon as possible. As a mom, I was like, "What?!?!?" She's never complained. We've never had problems with ears. We have no clue what you're talking about. But after thinking in through, checking with a few medical consultants, and praying through the night, we decided to go ahead with the surgery.
We took her in and, of course, Waite about two hours past the time of surgery. The only problem was that she was so hungry! But we survived.
Well, one sad thing about the culture here is that people often make promises they can't keep, especially to children. If she said she was hungry, they responded with "you can have a chocolate!" When they snatched her "Dolphie" out of her hands and ripped her out of my arms, they told her there would be a new stuffed animal waiting for her. None of which was true.
Well, with Kamden's seizure history, I had demanded I see the anesthesiologist before surgery. That never happened. So as they ripped her (literally without warning) from my arms, I said "I told you I needed to speak to the anesthesiologist!" So, I did and then I said "can I please go in until she is asleep?!?" I had asked numerous times, and everyone said no. But the doctor said, "oh. You want to?@ Well, yes! They made me change clothes, which I did at record speed, and rushed in and she was, sadly, already asleep. So I just sat outside alone and prayed and waited. The doc invited me in to see the fluid he was removing. Then I waited some more. It wasn't a lengthy procedure at all- tubes and adenoids.
Of course, I had asked multiple times to be sure I was there when she woke up, but when they came to get me, I could hear her crying. Thankfully, the next day when we talked about it, she said that everything was blurry and when she could finally see, she saw MOMMY! Yay for that!
Well, here comes the embarrassing part! I had gone in to get her, picked her up, was carrying her out of the OR while she cried, soothing her, and what happens? My pants fall DOWN!!!!! Yes, there for all the medical staff to see (they're all walking out behind me!) So I'm grabbing my drawers, holding Kamden, walking, pregnant. It was a sight. I just said "sorry"! And kept moving. Lol!
When I told Jason, I was laughing so hard! Could only happen to me! A very pregnant me. I showed Jason about how far it felt like they had fallen and he said he couldn't see anything... But they were down pretty far so I'm not sure how anyone could have been spared.
Anyway, our day droned on and none of us really ate anything so on the way home we grabbed McD, not to be boring, of course, Jason drove into a hole, I spilled the drinks all over the car, dropped water bottles in the dirt, and we finally made it home.
Would you believe that Kamden woke up ready to start back to school the next day!
And that was the adventure of surgery in South Asia!
Anyway, our day droned on and none of us really ate anything so on the way home we grabbed McD, not to be boring, of course, Jason drove into a hole, I spilled the drinks all over the car, dropped water bottles in the dirt, and we finally made it home.
Would you believe that Kamden woke up ready to start back to school the next day!
And that was the adventure of surgery in South Asia!
Ok as you can see, I am catching up on your blogs on my break...I was so mad that they lied to your child!!! but then laughing my head off that your pants fell down...what the heck??? LOLOLOLOL
ReplyDeleteDella