Yet here I stand, with the full confidence that He already has. Knowing full well that He loved me enough. To pay the ultimate price to rescue me from my sins. Where's my commitment? My dedication? My reverence for this God. The same God they worship, I struggle to find time for, yet I know the rest of the story. I know He has already come. And that He'll come again. Wow! So humbling. So humiliating. To watch and be reminded of the reverence and awe that I should have for my God. My Savior. The one who loved me enough. We kneeled. We prayed. We begged God for their souls. That one day they would come to recognize that He loved them enough.
"My goal is to know Him and the power of His resurrection and the fellowship of His sufferings, being conformed to His death, assuming that I will somehow reach the resurrection from among the dead." Phil. 3:10
Tuesday, December 31, 2013
Wailing Wall
Someone told me I needed to bring a journal... They were right. I'm standing at the wailing wall, the western wall of the old temple. The wall where millions of people come to be as close to the temple as possible...to pray, to cry out to God, to read the Scriptures, bowing their heads every single time they come across or say the name of God. A God, who in their opinion, has still not yet come to fulfill His promise of sending a Savior.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment