Pages

Friday, December 27, 2013

Count the Cost

WE WILL NEVER FULLY UNDERSTAND THE TRUE COST OF FOLLOWING JESUS!

And today, as I sat across from a lady telling me, "I want to believe in Jesus, but I CAN'T!", in that moment, I wished I had experienced just a touch of the suffering she had experienced in her life in an effort to be able to empathize with her.

What do you say to a woman who tells you, "My husband is very angry that you are telling me about this Jesus." How do you respond when she says he beat her for holding a 'worship service' in their home.  How small does your own faith feel when you begin to feel so hopeless for those people and shake your head and think, "You're right... it would be nearly impossible for you to believe in Jesus."

We have NO EARTHLY IDEA THE TRUE COST OF FOLLOWING JESUS!
-The 4 Cokes

No comments:

Post a Comment