1. While spending a week away from this culture, I actually found myself mentally covering my head while I prayed. I missed that dupatta when I thought I'd never have a single positive thing to say about it. It's a great feeling of respect for God when I cover my head in humility toward Him when I pray. It was the strangest thing when I realized "I miss that thing!" I certainly HATE wearing the thing around, but apparently I do love the way it makes me feel when I go to pray and I can physically humble myself before The Lord.
2. The second thing that I never saw coming was the way I feel when I scroll through pics on Facebook of girls in their bikinis. I am suddenly embarrassed for them! I think I have attained a sickness called "skin shock" where I am flabbergasted by the amount of skin people are willing to show the whole world. Save something for your future husbands, sweethearts! The whole world doesn't need to see your every nook and cranny!
Apparently, it's happening, whether I intended for it to or not. This place is changing me little by little.
No comments:
Post a Comment