But today I'm only recapping what I can of maybe my favorite season of life to date.
Now, don't read that wrong. I didn't say easiest or even most enjoyable. But favorite. Favorite, not because it's been a bed of roses. Quite the opposite, actually. But because it's been real life covered with a big OL warm blanket of grace!
These boys. These boys have changed my life nearly from the moment I knew they existed.
And they continue to do so. They continue to remind me to remain calm. To live in the moment. To enjoy even the difficulties. Because more than ever before I realize that these precious times are fleeting.
These guys make me want to go back in time and take back all the childish temper tantrums I threw back when I would wake up five or six times a night with my girls during their first years.
Don't get me wrong. I have already had nights filled with tears and cries of "Lord! What am I doing wrong?!?" But I've also had nights of such sweetness with my boys. Or one restless fella at a time. And the ever present phrase ringing thru my ears "Babies Don't Keep".
No comments:
Post a Comment