This summer, the girls & I made a list of summer goals (small as they may be) that we wanted to accomplish this summer. The list included: going to the park we like, game day, movie day, water park, memorize some verses, and a couple of other schooling type goals too.
Well, often they beg for it to be movie day so today I obliged. The plan was to have an American Girl Doll Movie marathon. So they set out immediately after breakfast in my bedroom (only place with some good AC) and I set out to spend the morning in complete peace.
I must admit, 9 hours of screen time in one day is a little concerning for me, and I'm positive that someone reading this will have a very strong opinion about it, but it's putting a huge smile on their faces. And mine too! It's like a mini-spiritual retreat for me happened this morning!
So, at the midpoint of each movie, I get them a little snack (we call it intermission-which is a Legit happening here in India in the movie theatres). Then between each movie (to help my self esteem a little), we have an interval where we have a dance party to a song or two and then they rush back in for the next feature presentation.
It's been an incredibly relaxing day and I'm gonna praise God for it!!!!!!
I also got to spend some good time with Soni Didi today in John chapter 3 talking about being born again. She totally got it. She shared her story with me and committed to sharing it with two others this week. Pray that she would be faithful to do so!

No comments:
Post a Comment