Pages

Saturday, March 29, 2014

Weekly Recap



-Amazing trip to the Cap with a bus full of people to attend the Passion conference which was amazing!!!
-Discovering yet another flat tire on the new vehicle when we arrived home at 1:30AM... In bed by 3:30AM... Littles didn't wake up till almost noon Monday morning!
-A week full of good homeschool... thankful!
-A picnic in the park planned and prepared entirely by Kamden & Joy.  They'd been talking about this for at least two weeks.  We finally gave in and made the time to do it.  It was truly a blast!
-A couple small meltdowns over it being time to order next year's homeschool curriculum.  It always causes me to evaluate and pinpoint all that I'm doing wrong.  (Prayers appreciated for this one... I see leaps and bounds of improvement since last year, but it still requires a ton of faith!)
-A couple visits with the neighbors... my girls LOVE going two doors down where they have at least 5 dogs, some fish, and some birds.
-Same neighbors stopped by to drop off a new recipe she had tried.  I LOVE neighbors in this country.
-A really great, much needed, long awaited Bible study with a good friend.
-A GREAT day in the village.  In all reality, it was just a basic visit with slow progress, but to me felt really great, because it was forward motion! And... I gave in and shared the story myself rather than delegating it to a true Hindi speaker!
-A nice, simple family night celebrating Egypt thanks to their really cute history teacher organizing some fun Egyptian activities and a movie.
-Some spring cleaning, changing the girls' winter clothes out, etc.  Felt nice to have the windows open for a change!
-A revelation for Kiley that, indeed, I have owned a car with... wait for it, WINDSHIELD WASHER FLUID!!!!!! She was fascinated by this feature on our new car, and devastated that we weren't quite as impressed! ;)
-A SUPER fun time at the orphanage yesterday! We love going there and hanging out with those sweet kiddoes.  This time they joined us for some singing and a whole lot of swinging!

It was a GREAT week overall and I'm so incredibly thankful.  I've had some emotional lows this week, but my incredible husband is always quick to help me do a reality check and tho I'm not always very receptive of his reality check right away, I'm thankful for it! :)



Fun at the local orphanage

The Picnic Planners enjoying some fun in the sun!

Our three monkeys!






-The 4 Cokes

No comments:

Post a Comment