A year and a half has come and gone before we could even blink, and with it, the midpoint of our first term! That's something to celebrate but also to spend some time reminiscing of the many ways God has carried us through! And what better way to do just that than to attend Passion on the weekend of our 1 1/2 year anniversary! ;)
The concert was amazing just worshiping our Father in a land so lost and seemingly untouched by the Gospel. We had the privelege of attending with about 30 fellow believers from our city and it really was a ton of fun!
Some of the songs that really stood out to me in reminiscing over the last year and a half were:
White Flag- two years ago we sang that song with Brett Younker at our church's DNow with tears streaming down all of our faces and we fully realized the finality of that moment. To be singing it on the other side of the world was surreal!
God of Angel Armies- that song carried me thru Kamden's mysterious bout with seizures last summer and reminded me of the comfort in the fact that we have the God of Angel Armies fighting for us!
God of This City- as my good friend's boyfriend from the capital city stood with us and participated in worship to a God that he doesn't yet know, I felt those words so personally as I prayed for him to be the "greater things [that] are yet to be done"! Pray with me that the truths he heard throughout the night will not return void.
I Surrender- singing with hands held high, that old hymn "I surrender all" as thoughts of things and people that I hold dear swam through my mind, and silently committing to truly surrender those things back to Him. I don't know the future, but He does!
What a wild, crazy, and uncertain life we've been called to lead. It's certainly been a year and a half full of surprises both good and bad... But the Victory is already in HIS hands!!!! Now for the grace to trust Him more and more!

No comments:
Post a Comment