Pages

Friday, January 3, 2014

Sea of Galilee

I didn't expect the Sea of Galilee to bring me to a place of such solemnity but I was surprised when I had one quiet moment (as the girls were mesmerized looking out the side of the boat) to kneel for just a second and look out over the water, facing where it is believed that Jesus cast the demons out of the demon-possessed man. In that moment, I prayed "Lord, you performed so many miracles on and around these waters. I believe you can perform those same miracles, through the telling of these and other stories, in the hearts of the people of India."

The boat ride was amazing. And though it was technically not a Christian tour, they played "Agnus Dei" and we couldn't help but sing along to the words "Holy, holy are you Lord God Almighty! Worthy is the Lamb! Worthy is the Lamb! You are Holy!" 

We really enjoyed Galilee. It's a beautiful and peaceful place. 




No comments:

Post a Comment