We've been up here in this beautiful part of the country for almost six weeks now. God's creation here truly is beautiful. There are definitely plenty of things that frequently remind us we are still in quite the interesting country, but the touch of comfortableness has been refreshing.
It has also opened my eyes to what a very difficult city we live in. Which makes me nervous as to my reaction upon going back at the end of the week. I'm nervous about my attitude, my level of culture shock all over again, my girls and the lack of opportunities, the heat. All selfish worries but worries nonetheless.
I'm not gonna lie, during my time here I've questioned God a number of times on why He placed us in the city He chose. Especially after visiting the city which was our original destination. And every time I second guess His wisdom, I am reminded that He has a purpose and a plan for our lives. That purpose doesn't include the comforts of multitudes of like-minded people coming and going, or cute little coffee shops that play Christian music, or the comfort of western style clothing being acceptable. The minor comforts didn't fit His overall goal for my life. And so, with joy (I hope) and my hands toward the plow, I return to the place we call home and the people we are called to reach, hopefully with a renewed vision that its certainly not about my selfish desires. That's not why I'm here. And if it were, you'd find my on the first plane home. Instead, I AM on my way home. Just on my way to my home away from home.
No comments:
Post a Comment