Pages

Sunday, March 17, 2013

Random Thoughts & Observations

Just a few random thoughts and observations:

1) God's creation is BEAUTIFUL. All over the world. Breathtakingly beautiful.

2) God's favorite creation (Humankind) is lost. Many dying without ever even knowing the love of a Savior!

3) This place is surreal. Unexplainable. Unique. Fun. Difficult. Adventurous. Yet Comfortable. And Cold. Can't forget Cold.

4) Americans have a heart language too. I'm proof. Because when we worshipped God in English in church this morning, I worshipped without words, because tears were streaming down my cheeks.

5) I miss worshipping with my church family. Actually I just miss my church family. Plain and simple. But especially worshipping with them. In that heart language.

6) We feel like we are thriving in a language school setting. So, thank you, those who give to make it possible. We are getting steps and steps closer to being able to share the gospel in their heart language.

7) Fellowship tonight with like-minded new friends was refreshing. Around a guitar. With songs chosen by our two girls. As the six of us just sat and praised our God.

8) Being a parent is hard. But being a parent to a TCK is ridiculously hard. Your prayers strongly needed for wisdom, grace, mercy, compassion, love, and success through and in spite of us. And, side note, what they've done in their short 5 & 7 years far surpasses anything I could have dreamed of doing. I am so proud of them. I just hope they know what amazing little people God created them to be.

9) I love my life. When I stop in my tracks from time to time missing my "old life", the Holy Spirit reminds me that I couldn't trade it for the world. Because for right here and right now God has created me for this. And I love it.

10) When it all boils down, and the desires I have start to fade away one by one, I am reminded that the only one worthy of remaining is the desire to please Him.

And, that's what's on my heavy heart tonight. Now back to language study! :)

1 comment:

  1. Your life and random thoughts are a blessing to me and many others Angel. Thanks for sharing. Thanks for sharing HIM wih us and with people there. Heather

    ReplyDelete