Pages

Monday, March 12, 2012

The Whirlwind That Was February


Wow! What a whirlwind!  February in the Cockayne household was full JAM-PACKED! I feel like I blinked and it was March.  That's a bittersweet feeling, for sure! One month closer to the biggest move of our lives.  I'm just going to take the time to fill everyone in on what February looked like here.  Enjoy!



  • Feb 4-6: My parents & sister took the girls - with me tagging along as 'chaperone' - to Washington DC for the weekend by way of train.  The highlight of the trip was the American Girl doll store! My word! That place was spectacular out of this world but the memories that were made with my family were a million times more special!




  • Feb 12: Kamden's actual  birthday.  We kept it pretty low key but she woke up to a few sweet surprises!




  • Feb 14: We enjoyed a quiet Valentine's Day at home with heartshaped everything! 




  • Feb 17: The girls celebrated with a bunch of girl friends at their first official sleepover! Everyone had a blast.  It really was a ton of fun planning and then watching as the girls giggled and smiled well past midnight.  The thought that this would be their last birthday party here only slipped into my mind one time which I immediately shoved out and got back to celebrating.  No time for sadness at a sleepover! ;)





  • Feb 18: Tacky Valentine! One of the biggest events of the year for our youth group, Generation 246.  We had a blast dressed as tacky as possible and sitting down to a delicious meal at beautifully decorated tables.  The theme this year was "Vintage" and everyone involved did an incredible job making it a night to remember!




  • Feb 19: True Love Waits Service.  A major event in the life of the teens who commit themselves to a lifetime of purity.  It was a special service and God spoke through our pastor as he preached on what it means to be pure. 




  • Feb 25: Birthday party number... I don't know, I've lost count! We definitely celebrated ALL month long! We were in WV for the weekend of Kiley's birthday so we took advantage of celebrating again by going ice skating and then having a delicious cake and small party for the girls at my parents' house.  





  • Feb 26: We had the awesome privilege of sharing with our new friends at Heritage Baptist Church.  We enjoyed meeting the people who will be lifting us up while we are on the field.  They were a generous church indeed and we look forward to getting to know them more. 

  • Feb 27: Of course, we had to celebrate Kiley's birthday at school so Jason & I took some cupcakes and a craft for the kids.  We had a blast with the kiddos in her kindergarten class! 





  • Feb 29: We had a great time sharing at East End Baptist here in Vinton where our good friend, Troy Mueller pastors.  Their interest in our family and our calling was encouraging and we really enjoyed our time of fellowship with them.  



Looking back at February, I'm blown away at the amount of activities we've been able to be involved in.  God has richly blessed our family and we couldn't be happier! 

March hasn't slowed down much at all but we're loving every minute of the craziness!  We've already spent a few days with our CCA family where Jason had the opportunity to bring the message and, as always, we enjoyed a weekend of cheerleading, praise & worship, and fellowship with people very dear to our hearts.


And, this past weekend brought so much laughter, tears, smiles, pranks, and just plain FUN! The ladies of Mount Pleasant Baptist Church blessed me beyond words with their love for me (in spite of my wacky, prankster ways) and their support for our family.  The Spirit of God showed up as we studied His holiness and gave our futures to the Lord and the time around the campfire is a moment I will remember forever! Thank you, ladies, for your amazing love!



Life here is always full of adventure so we couldn't imagine it any other way.  Ask me again how I'm feeling when I'm trying to conquer this house full of possessions that we have to get rid of.  Positive I couldn't handle that stress on my own, so I'm trusting in God to get us through that bump in the road just like He has every other one! Good thing I don't have to do any of this in my own strength because I wouldn't have made it past day one! 


God Bless and enjoy what's left of March! :)






-The 4 Cokes

No comments:

Post a Comment