If you know Kiley, you know Brianna. Kiley & Brianna. BFF's. Best Friends Forever. Those two girls have had the privilege of being side by side since they were less than 18 months old.
I couldn't have planned it better myself. Which is usually the way it works when God directs your steps. When we moved to Roanoke in the spring of '07, I began looking for work. I soon found out I was pregnant again with our sweet little Kamden. But, this presented a problem. I didn't want to work with an infant at home and we had no clue what we were going to do.
That's when my pastor's wife asked if I was interested in keeping kids in my home. Our piano player was looking for someone to keep her granddaughter a couple days a week. Perfect. I took the job and our home was graced with the presence of an amazing little girl, Brianna.
Not to mention the mentor/friend/shoulder to cry on/prayer warrior I soon found in Cindy. I don't know how many times I've poured my heart out to her when she came to drop off or pick up Brianna. She can almost always tell immediately if it has been "one of those days" and is faithful to pray for me!
Back to those precious best friends. They've grown up as "sisters" in the truest form of the word. The jealousy as babies, the arguments over toys, the time outs after time outs over unkind voices. I've grown a ton of worry warts over how those two girls were doing. But, amazingly enough, in spite of me, they have continued to be the truest of friends. And have taught me SO much about life.
When Cindy called the other day to fill me in on a precious conversation she had just finished with Brianna, my heart melted. With all of the coming changes, Brianna had a lot of unanswered questions. The phrase that repeats over and over in my head, "Mimi, can Kileystill be my best friend forever?"
Brianna, no matter where life takes each of us, you can rest assured that Kiley will always be your very FIRST best friend. Forever.
-The 4 Cokes
No comments:
Post a Comment