Today, while sharing in a village with a woman who is on the fence about following Christ, my friends had the opportunity to share straight-up truth with her. I kept quiet most of the time, intimidated over my lack of language ability compared to theirs.
Throughout the meeting, the cutest little 8 month old girl had been chewing on whatever she could get her hands on. One of those items being a very real looking toy gun. I had made mention (in English) how that weirded me out and I didn't love the idea of it.
Well, towards time to leave, I finally decided to speak up and share how when we follow Christ we must be obedient to His commands. I had kept quiet the whole time and when I finally decided to speak, it turns out that without even realizing it, I had picked up that toy gun and was waving it rather wildly as I spoke!
After leaving, my friends were cracking up and I had no idea I had even done it. They said it was rather comical to watch as I appeared as if I was holding a gun to their head, saying, "Trust Jesus or else!"
No comments:
Post a Comment