A little background... I've been anxiously planning for this day all summer. I really felt like, at least for this season in our lives, we really needed some structure. A schedule. Some consistency. But, that's just so not me. So I've been praying over, planning, and preparing all summer.
Well, then came anniversary, then came fever, then came up all night because of said first day of school along with crazy loud 3AM parade. Not to mention, the morning routine I created for myself was near impossible!
BUT... I was most determined to keep a positive attitude and ENJOY this time! Which, I think I managed to accomplish!
The day started for the girls with a new t-shirt they'd been eyeing. :) Fun! Then we got started on Bible. My plan was to skip Bible today to adequately explain the schedule and then it hit me... Where better to go to talk about plans. So, we sat and looked up verses about plans. And, nope, didn't even make it through the first day of Bible class without crying.
Here I was stressing about the plans of homeschool and recognizing that His plans for me will succeed AND that they are far greater than my own. Good news for a first day of school!
Then we prayed about what plans we were nervous about. Sweet Kamden whispered to me that she was excited about dance class but afraid. So we prayed. For that sweet little honest girl who loves dance with her whole heart. I just love her.
The rest of the day was just dandy. Rushed? A little. Did I feel like I was chasing objects around and do I feel utterly exhausted now? Yes. But we all had a great day!
Some low lights:
-Handwriting for Kiley took longer than expected. She's learning cursive this year! But, it's challenging! And I want her to stay excited about it. So that was hard.
-I definitely felt like I was chasing things here and there, but I know it will get more organized as we go.
Some highlights:
-Kamden loved her phonics time. She got to make a craft and did great on it.
-Kiley's math is fun and great for her. She even chose to do the parts we had to skip early on because of handwriting, later in the day.
-Teaching the little girls Math was fun and rewarding. They learn so fast. I'm excited about what all they'll pick up this year during that time.
-Kiley is as excited as ever about reading. That's always nice!
-For the first time in quite a while, the girls got to play outside with friends for recess!
I'm excited about this year. Nervous still. But excited.
No comments:
Post a Comment