Pages

Monday, January 14, 2013

I Told You So

Today was a great day. Really. It was. But it definitely had its moments. You know... Those moments. They were small and really laughable and neat. Not like cry buckets type of moments. But, I've decided, I think it's my new ministry. To have 'moments' so that I can have a new blog post for you to read. So, I'll take one for the team! ;)

At one point today, I got a little down on myself thinking "What if I'm doing a horrible job making friends, and being a good neighbor, and doing all the right things. I mean, I'd never know because I can't understand them when they talk about me!" So I decided I would make chai and an American sweet for my landlady and take it to her. Well, of course, this consisted of being certain I was dressed appropriately. So I ventured off to get dressed. And I had one of those moments... I decided I hate the clothes here. Hate is a strong word but you understand, I was having one of those moments! So I pouted for a bit, made the dessert, and started the chai, and guess who shows up... My landlady! She ended up coming up here for a favor and I was able to surprise her with tea and snacks. And, believe it or not she loved the American sweet!!!! Which hasn't happened yet for her! And we had a really great time chatting and laughing about weddings and relatives and such! That was a cool thing from God.

Then, as her daughter joined us and everyone was hanging out in our home, I peeked in on the kids, and there sat the land lady's daughter, drawing a picture of a cross and asking me how to spell JESUS!!!! I was thrilled! I proceeded to tell her "Jesus loves you" and "Jesus loves Jasmine" and she proceeded to write "Jesus loves jasmine" Now THAT is a cool "I told you so" from God: "These silly little things you get all worked up over. I've got this!"

So that's the most amazing part! But yet another moment occurred. I was full of myself today, I'm tellin' ya! ;)

So, Jason brought home a special type of food today which meant I had to figure out a tasty way to prepare it. So, long story short, I deemed it a DISASTER. I was grumbling and complaining about how I'd been in the kitchen for an hour and a half and come out with nothing of any value. I set the food before everyone and when Kamden saw the meal, she said "I've been wishing for this since we left America!" I almost laughed out loud.... Until she scarfed down three full plates!!!! The girls couldn't stop eating it and were thrilled, calling me the best cook ever and such! Then, I really had to laugh out loud because Jason was already laughing and I knew God had to be! So I just sat there and decided to be the object lesson for the day telling the girls how I had been worried about the meal turning out at all and that God came through and made it "the best meal ever"! They, of course then started singing their latest Bible verse to/AT me "So do not worry saying 'what shall we EAT' or 'what shall we drink' or 'what shall we wear' for the pagans run after all these things and your Heavenly Father knows that you need them..."

I get it. ;)


2 comments: