Pages

Friday, August 31, 2012

The Countdown is On!

WRITTEN ON AUGUST 22:

We are exactly one month from flying over the big pond! Surprisingly, I am not feeling nearly as nervous as I thought I would be at this point. I would attribute that to the faithfulness of those of you who are lifting us up daily!

We have very quickly passed the halfway point here in Richmond, VA and can hardly verbalize how much God has worked in our hearts. We find ourselves calling out to Him more than ever before and learning to trust Him for so much more. We are seeing His hand in our lives (even with the numerous Visa issues we've experienced) ;) Jason can quote verbatim the visa application form as many times as he's had to redo ours!

Just wanted to share a few of the highlights of our time here:

-We are loving the cultural worship on Sunday nights. The services have been filled with awesome worship in other languages. Our favorite so far has been the African service! They even make it a little more realistic by turning off the air which made it rather sweaty!

-The girls' schooling brings joy daily for all of us! We can not say enough how thankful we are for these eight weeks of their lives.

-We are enjoying all the activities we've found to get involved in. We are playing in a volleyball tournament tonight (and, no, I don't plan on cheating, but if it comes to that...) I also had the chance to sew my own bag last night at the "quilting quad"! Thanks to Jason being willing to hang with the girls the whole evening and even take them to a meeting with him.

-The people here are just amazing. We've made some good friends, found our laughs that we so enjoy, had smiles meet us at every turn. The children are even incredibly friendly. We can't walk through campus without one of the girls hearing their name called from across the way. It is such a community and an amazing example of the body of Christ.

This was just a few highlights that have come to mind to share. We are enjoying our time here and will keep updating as we can!

No comments:

Post a Comment