Some days go by so fast and like most people I breeze right through some days and move on to the next without much time to stop and smell the roses.
But, I try to take time each day just to build relationships and love on the people God has put in my path to love.
Today, being that it was one of my final babysitting days, I found myself stopping to smell the roses, er, should I say, chasing kids through the hall and tickling them while they all screamed in anticipation.
The point is, today I was reminded what a privilege it is to be surrounded by little people who are so full of joy, adventure, excitement... CHILDREN!
I have only one prayer for the 7 kids in my care: That they would love God, love people, and follow Him faithfully till the end!
Rider, you are a kind, considerate, joy of a child. Your unfailing love for your brothers and for others is inspiring to me. I pray that you will always think of others the way you so freely do now. Your kind heart defines you!
Brianna, your personality outshines the sun! Your smile and laughter lights up a room! You are such a kind friend and always so generous! May you always overlook the faults in others the way that you do now and may you never wander from the sensitivity that you possess! It is by God's design that you came to us 5 years ago and you changed my life! I LOVE YOU!!!
Kiley, you are my mini me! I love you with my whole heart! May you take the gifts God has given you and use them to His glory all the days of your life!
Jack, your love for life and your mischievous little grin puts a smile on my face! God has big plans for you, Jack-O, and I'm glad I got to watch you grow this year!
Ky, you were my shadow those first few months. Followed me everywhere and wanted nothing to do with the other kids. Now, when you're here, I hardly even know it! Your sweet spirit and super cute personality lights up our home. It's hard to imagine such a big heart fitting inside your tiny little body! Oh, and to hear you pray often brings tears to my eyes! I pray that huge heart of yours loves Jesus all the days of your life!
Kamden, just thinking of you puts a smile on my face and laughter in my soul! God wants to use your unique, hysterical, imaginative, one of a kind personality and super cuteness to His glory! I pray that one day you will love Him with your whole heart and use all of that energy to spread His name!
Jude, your puppy dog eyes and adorable little voice would melt any heart. You make me giggle often with your silly little antics. Having the privilege to watch you toddle around this house has been such a joy. You have been blessed with amazing parents and two older brothers who adore you! No wonder you are such a joy!
I could say so much more and I've watched so many precious children walk through this home. I've sometimes taken the blessings for granted, but I've never for a minute underestimated the impact it has had on my heart. They've each taught me so much and I want to be so much more like them each day, after all, doesn't the Bible tell us to become a child again! I have had the awesome opportunity to see first hand just how amazing children can be!

What a sweet blog. Children are indeed a blessing from God. I am sure the children you have babysat shall never forget their time in your home.
ReplyDeleteAll wonderful kids who were blessed to have you as a babysitter!
ReplyDeleteI am touched by each of your words you wrote for God designed you beautifully, Angel, full well knowing of our Brianna putting your family in our church and in our lives to love her with ALL of your heart! You have lead her in a spiritual way by your love for God that the foundation she walks on with God everyday is a firm foundation rooted in Godliness. Thank you for giving these past 5 years to richly bless our family with your servanthood for others.
ReplyDelete1 Corintnians 1:4 "I will always thank my god for you and the gracious gifts he has given you."
We love you so much!