Pages

Monday, April 16, 2012

Growth Spurts

Ever notice that your kids' growth spurts happen when you least expect them, and sometimes you don't even notice them until they're long over and your child's pants are two inches too short and won't snap to save your life.  We laughed this week as we tried a pair of 6 month shorts on our petite little Kamden! Surprisingly, they fit her everywhere except around the waist.  It was quite the funny sight.  Anyway, growth spurts are a fact of life as are growing pains.  Speaking of, my mom was infamous for blaming all my aches and pains on "growing pains".  And, now I catch myself making the same excuse to my girls! ;)

Well, the best way to describe the past few months to a year of my life is as one big spiritual growth spurt.  It's literally as if around every corner is another life lesson, another challenge for me to choose between overcoming or giving into, another test, trial, or task.  It's overwhelming to say the least, yet surprisingly enjoyable in a strange sort of way.  My head is filled with thoughts constantly and my heart is bursting at the seams.

Let me take a side note and say that this is the exact reason I haven't blogged in so long.  Because just when I think I have a topic I want to expound on, that becomes old news and the new lesson is already in the works, not to mention my head is such a jumbled mess of stuff that when it comes out it looks more like a throw-up of words than an actual legible blog post.

So, tonight, I'm not quite sure what my purpose of writing really is, other than to share that I've not fallen off the face of the earth, and things are happening here at record breaking speed.  So, keep us in your prayers like never before.  We welcome your prayers and feel them constantly.  Thanks for caring enough about us and loving our Lord enough to lift us up and join us on this journey.

Sorry I couldn't expound, truly there's too much happening in this tiny little brain of mine to put into words.

Have a good night everyone!
-The 4 Cokes

1 comment: